Monday, August 26, 2013

Bolton News winner collects Kindle Fire - The Bolton News

Bolton News winner collects Kindle Fire

ANN Meredith is one of the few people looking forward to winter – so she has the time to enjoy her new Kindle Fire.

The 68-year-old from Westhoughton has won the Kindle Fire in a Bolton News competition.

She won the tablet after collecting four daily tokens out of the six printed Monday to Saturday.

Ms Meredith, who also works part-time at Bolton Golf Club, was stunned when she got the call telling her she had won.

She said: “I just can’t believe it. I didn’t expect to win, so it was a complete shock. “

And Ms Meredith was not the only member of her family keen to win the Kindle Fire.

She said: “My daughter entered the competition, but unfortunately she didn’t win it.

“But it’s not just for me, all the family are using it. My son in law’s mother has already downloaded some stuff for it. “

Ms Meredith, while impressed with the tablet, admitted she is not the most up to speed on technology.

She said: “I’m not online or anything, I don’t use social networking sites, I’m a pensioner.

“But when I won it, I thought ‘at least this is going to save me some money’”

Due to her fondness for gardening, Ms Meredith said finding time to read during the day in the summer months was difficult.

But she said she would make full use of the tablet during the winter months.

Her favourite books are historical novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment